Current Research (Scroll down for more exciting research papers.)
1. Identifying the Effect of Changing the Policy Threshold in Regression Discontinuity Models (Supplemental Online Appendix, Presentation Slides, with Arthur Lewbel, The Review of Economics and Statistics, 2015, 97(5), 1081-1092
2. Regression Discontinuity Applications with Rounding Errors in the Running Variable (Supplemental Online Appendix, Presentation Slides), Journal of Applied Econometrics, 2015, 30(3), 422-446.
This paper proposes a bias correction formula for the estimated RD LATE. The standard errors for the bias corrected estimate are then obtianed by the Delta method. Alternatively, one can directly bias-correct the polynomial regression terms before estimation, which allows for obtianing the standard errors directly. For this conveneint alternative approach, please see the Online Appendix I to my empirical paper.
3. Simple Estimators for Binary Choice Models with Endogenous Regressors Econometric Reviews, 34(1-2), 82-105. (with Arthur Lewbel, Stata module sspecialreg)
4. How Health Insurance Affects Health Care Demand -- A Structural Analysis of Behavioral Moral Hazard and Adverse Selection, Economic Inquiry, 2013, 51(2), 1324-44.
5. Comparing Features of Convenient Estimators for Binary Choice Models With Endogenous Regressors (with Arthur Lewbel and Thomas Tao Yang) , Canadian Journal of Economics, 2012, 45(3), 809-829.
6. Nonparametric Identification of a Binary Random Factor in Cross Section Data (with Arthur Lewbel), Journal of Econometrics, 2011, 163(2), 163-171. A longer version with supplemental material
7. Semiparametric Binary Random Effects Models: Estimating Two Types of Drinking Behavior, Economics Letters, 2011, 112(1), 79-81.
8. Kept Back to Get Ahead? Kindergarten Retention and Academic Performance, European Economic Review, 2010, 54 (2), 219-236.
9. Endogenous Regressor Binary Choice Models Without Instruments, With an Application to Migration, Economics Letters, 2010, 107(1), 33-35. A longer version and the supplemental material
Working Papers and Work in Progress
1. Jump or Kink? Regression Probability Jump and Kink Design for Treatment Effect Evaluation, 2nd Round R&R at Journal of Political Economy.
2. Testing for Rank Invariance or Similarity in Program Evaluation, Accepted, The Review of Economics and Statistics (with Shu Shen, Online Appendices, a longer version, Presentation Slides).
3. Mandatory Retirement and the Consumption Puzzle: Disentangling Price and Quantity Declines, Forthcoming, Economic Inquiry (with Dennis Yang, Online Appendices).
4. Regression Discontinuity Designs with Sample Selection, Forthcoming, Journal of Business and Economic Statistics (Presentation Slides).
5. Testing Stability of
Regression Discontinuity Models, Forthcoming, Advances in
Econometrics (with Giovanni
Cerulli, Arthur Lewbel,
and Alexander Poulsen,
6. An Alternative Assumption to Identify LATE in Regression Discontinuity Designs, R&R at Oxford Bulletin of Economics and Statistics (a longer version, Presentation Slides).
7. School Starting Age, Educational Attainment, and Long-run Outcomes -- Two-Sample Regression Discontinuity Identification and Application
8. How Consumption Responds to Increased Leisure Time - Evidence from a Natural Experiment